Great news as the Province lifts restrictions on Indoor Recreation Centres.
As a Squash Community we are thrilled to be able to return to our courts and get back to having fun with or friends and families.
Let's all do our part to ensure we can continue to move forward by following the Health Guidance and by keeping ourselves and others safe and healthy.
Keep in mind that facilities are allowed to open in Alberta as of June 10, 2021 and that each facility will do so as they are able and feel comfortable while making sure they keep their staff, members and patrons safe. Please be patient and work cooperatively with your club's management team and staff to ensure a safe and successful re-opening of our courts across Alberta.
Squash Alberta will continue to work with our Alberta Clubs and Leagues to deliver a schedule of events for the 2021/22 as soon as possible.
Squash Alberta Recommends :
1. Operationally clubs should be looking to keep things as safe as possible and keep traffic to a minimum in court areas with a look to a relatively strict play and leave approach to court bookings/management. (social gathering indoors being the issue to avoid as much as possible)
2. Masking when indoors except when on court. ( Where you can, you should is the mantra to follow here)
3. Coaches to be masked at all times.
4. A progressive start with smaller/controlled "play cohorts" is recommended
5. Regular sanitizing protocols for all touch surfaces in court areas
6. Continue to require bookings for contact tracing if required.
No restrictions for Youth/Adult indoor sports when participating in the sport (squash = on court)
Facility #'s = 1/3 capacity as per fire code ( areas around courts should be managed to minimize gatherings and keep bodies below 1/3 of area capacity)
Masking required when indoors and not on court.
Coaches - required to wear a mask at all times.
Indoor social distancing (2m) remain in effect when off court etc.
Stage 2: Two weeks after 60 per cent of Albertans age 12-plus have received at least one dose of vaccine and hospitalizations are below 500 and declining.